Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Dance Dance Boom Boom!!

Ok, I haven't heard "Boom, Boom, Boom, Boom" in about 3 years...
really when I quit going to The Escape was the last time I remember
hearing it. I should first explain that Chinese children, at least in
grades 1-4, do morning physical exercise in the morning. When it was
warmer they did this stretching routine, just like in the movies or
think the first episode of "Heroes" with all the Japanese exercising.
For the dance/stretching there is a set thing that they play and it
keeps the time for the kids to do the set moves. It's cool to watch
but also a bit eerie.
[IMG]http://i602.photobucket.com/albums/tt109/culp5945/Random%20Year%20Two%20Kids/IMG_0357.jpg[/IMG]
  Yet, when the weather turned cold they started doing a morning jog
in the artificial-green. For this the music is a hodgpodge of techno
remixes and hits, and i often wonder if they snuck onto my computer
and stolen most of my music. So far, in addition to the Vengaboys,
they've played Aqua, Madonna, and a few other lesser know hits. Really
I don't need to go out Friday nights because all week I sit in my
office dancing or I go out and walk/dance with the kids. I know it's
slightly unprofessional but there is a saying that I can't help but
follow: "Dance as if no one were watching, Sing as if no one were
listening, And live every day as if it were your last" Anyway that's
all for now. I have a New Years Post I am working on and hope to have
up soon.
Love from China!
--
Iain C. Culp
~~~~
"Freedom is what you do with what's been done to you."
Jean-Paul Sartre

No comments:

Post a Comment